Please be informed that the consular fees have changed from 1st of January 2014. Please see the "Consular fees" before making an appointment.
Embassy of Hungary, Consular Section
Address: 3910 Shoemaker Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20008
Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 9.00 am - 5.30 pm; Friday 9.00 am - 3.00pm
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For passport applications, registry of birth and marriage in Hungary, visa applications please make an appointment on the following website: http://ifr.mfa.gov.hu
Please bring the confirmation of the appointment with you.
For other consular issues please make an appiontment by calling 202-362-6730.
Please do not call any other number during consular office hours as our colleagues are busy with clients and can not answer the phones.
FIND OUT HERE WHICH CONSULATE CAN ASSIST YOU IN YOUR STATE!
Please note that we can only accept cash OR money order, payable to the EMBASSY OF HUNGARY
Other consular activity
1. Legalization and authentication
2. Obtaining certificates from Hungary (Birth, Marriage, divorce and death records)
3. Applying for a certificate of good conduct
4. Shipment of human remains to Hungary
Relocating to Hungary - customs information
Marriage in Hungary
Adoption from Hungary
Movement of pets to Hungary and the EU
Click here for consular information in Hungarian.
Konzuli információk magyarul.
1. Although the content of this website was created with great attention to detail, the Embassy does not take legal responsibility for any mistakes.
2. The consular fees may change with the foreign exchange rate of the Euro and US Dollar. Please check these rates regularly.