To locate your closest Embassy or Consulate and for a full list of Honory Consul Generals CLICK HERE.
Please see the "Consular fees" section before making an appointment.
Embassy of Hungary, Consular Section
Address: 3910 Shoemaker Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20008
Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 9.00 am - 5.30 pm; Friday 9.00 am - 3.00pm
Please take note that we can only accomodate VISA clients with appointments!!! We cannot accept walk-in VISA applications.
To make an appointment please email your contact information and nature of assistance requested to: MDeLz6TMZzNYYXBwb2ludG1lbnQud2FzQG1mYS5nb3YuaHU=
Office Hours (for passport applications and other consular issues): Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
For passport applications: registry please make an appointment on the following website: http://ifr.mfa.gov.hu
Please note that we can only accept cash OR money order, payable to the EMBASSY OF HUNGARY
Please bring confirmation of your appointment with you. The relevant forms can be downloaded from our website and must be completed in advance.
Other consular activity
- Legalization and authentication
- Obtaining certificates from Hungary (Birth, Marriage, divorce and death records)
- Applying for a certificate of good conduct
- Shipment of human remains to Hungary
- Relocating to Hungary - customs information
- Adoption from Hungary
- Marriage in Hungary
- Genealogical research
- Movement of pets to Hungary and the EU
1. Although the content of this website was created with great attention to detail, the Embassy will not take legal responsibility for the misrepresentation or misinterpretation of any consular information.
2. Consular fees are subject to the foreign exchange rate of the Euro and US Dollar. Please check these rates regularly.